RE: Re: My first Dak + couple questions

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 18:55:34 EDT

FWIW, I'm gonna go with the Flowmaster SUV Performance 50 Series 2 1/2 in,
dual 2 1/4 out and get a custom job for the rear tailpipes around the
spare for my 2001 4.7.

BTW, I just found out Gibson gives different mufflers when ordering their
single or dual outlet setup, for the dual, appears this may be a better
flowing muffler with slightly more noise in the cab

Now re: the math on HP/TQ gains, Gibson says for the above you get 8-10 HP
and 20 FT/LB Torque, Flowmaster says 7% gains which equals 16.1HP and 19.6
FT/LB of Torque, seems you get both a little low end and mid/high range
(aka HP when punching it at highway speed)

Ah, the wonders of advertising!