RE: squeal when steeringwheel's hard over

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 16:05:12 EDT

Check to see if there is any play with the front wheels moving side to side
by pulling/pushing on it from the side. Could it be the pulley on your
power steering pump? As you turn the steering wheel the pump is under more
strain to pump the fluid. Bad bearings? Have you tried raising the wheel
and rotating it by hand to see if the squeal is still there?