squeal when steeringwheel's hard over

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 09:52:09 EDT

Hey all,

I've recently noticed that my dak has a squeal coming from
the front when the steering wheel is hard over - primarily
to the left, but I think it does it to the right also. For
example, when parking the truck, with the wheel all the way
to the left. It sounds a lot like brake squeal, and it
oscillates with the forward speed of the truck. In other
words, it goes "squeal, no-squeal, squeal, no-squeal" with
each revolution of the tires. Although it sounds a lot like
brake squeal, it does this while I'm rolling with NO brake
applied. Infact, my brakes don't even squeal when I do apply
them. I can't determine which side the squeal is coming from.

Anyone got any idea what might be causing this?

thanks
kevin d.

97 cc V6 5sp 4x2
3923's, 8.5mm superconductors, 180 tstat, homebrew k&n