took a trip, mpg/truck report

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 08:24:42 EDT

Hey I made another trip from Savannah, TN-back to Houston, TX on sunday. I
topped off the tank with regular(87) in Savannah. I drove for 513.8 miles
straight before stopping for fuel in Carthage, TX. At that point I had 1/8
tank left on the guage. I pumped 17.19 gallons of fuel in it there. That's
29.9 mpg. I was kind of mad to see that I had almost 5 gallons left in it, I
think I could have easily gone 600 miles straight on a tank and not been
running it too low. The o/h computer showed 30.0 mpg for a little while, but
showed 29.9 mpg when I was filling it up. I guess they're not as inaccurate
as one might think! The truck ran beautifully. Temp stayed with the needle
on the far lower left side of the "2" all day. Oil pressure- needle was past
the right side of the "0" in 40 all day. I ran 37 lbs(cold
measurement/adjustment) in the tires, and was carrying approx. 600 lbs in
the bed. No computer hiccups, no stalls, nothing! I was really pleased with
it. I am still wating on a K&N Gen-II to become available, maybe that will
bump the mileage up to an honest 30mpg, or maybe more! Maybe on the return
trip I will try a little more tire pressure.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html