Attn: Kyle - "Fuel Pump King"

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 13:26:45 EDT

Kyle,
  What were the symtoms when your truck needed a fuel pump (the first time,
2nd, 10th, 35th...whichever time, it doesn't matter :))? I think mine may
need one soon. My truck used to start on the first try every time. Now,
about every 2 or 3 starts, I have to crank it twice. It's been doing this
for about 2 or 3 weeks. I am now letting the pump, pump up twice before
trying to start it. I just started doing this to try and see if it is the
fuel pump. Over the last 4 or 5 starts, this method seems to work since it
starts up the first time.
  My fuel gauge has been wacky for 40,000+ miles. The truck has around
82,000 on now.
  Any input would be great. Where to get the best deal on a new fuel
pump....install help....anything.
Thanks!
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6