RE: SS S-10 Ssspank!!!

From: Brian Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 23:40:28 EDT

First off, a 4.7 5-spd, RC, not loaded, is only AS fast as a loaded RC or CC
R/T. :) And if ya wanna get into modding without using the one or two SCers
that are out or NOS, you're screwed. :) Besides, an R/T is jsut as sneaky,
unless an R/T is as loud as mine (which they're not stock), they are sneaky
because most people have no idea what an R/T is and refuse to believe it has
a 360 until you show em the engine, and even then some say it's just a 318,
and there ain;t much you can do to dispute them, until you pull away. :)

Second, Think of an SS S10 the same as every other, they had no performance
gains. Just a 4.3 mated to either the standard 5-speed or auto. The package
gives you, a specially colored front grille, SS badges, Xtreme/Sonoma GT
wheels, and the ZQ8 suspension. The suspension is really nice, and the
wheels look good, but not a big performance truck. :) We've got two or three
fake SS' around here, with the badges, wheels, supension, and added yellow
racing stripes (yes, both have yellow racing stripes). But the thing with
tohse fakes is that they are at least as fast as the real thing (which isn't
very!). LOL

Good kill anyhow against a bowtie. :)

-Ryan
99 DA RC R/T