Re: Indy 500 next weekend

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 22:22:28 EDT

And everyone be sure to observe a moment of silence that weekend as my two IndyRam trucks will be celebrating their 5 year anniversary. One of them even has the lineage (sp?) of being used at the track (brickyard) on that day back in '96 as a support vehicle -
hence the number (142) and my designation as a "Track Truck". 76,000 miles later and it still runs a 9.0 eighth mile (5000+ lbs and all).

As far as the newly debated 4.7L vs 5.9L argument - why is this being debated again? I thought that was to be decided once and for all at the DML meet at VMP? We all asked for that particular matchup several times before the meet - did any stock trucks show up
and run? I guess it will be decided again soon enough - if not the next meet - what about the new NHRA late-model stock truck class? Not sure about what years are included but I have never heard of any 4.7Ls - just 5.2s and 5.9s . Even if the 4.7s aren't
included now because of the years - I suppose they will be eventually. Kinda reminds me of the long standing 440 vs 426 hemi debates. Guess who won?

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"