Axleshaft Seal Leak

From: Ray Sulich (ray.sulich@snet.net)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 05:41:20 EDT

Anyone know if any service bulletins concerning front differential
axleshaft leaks. My Dak is in the shop for just such a leak (passenger
side). The shop is a really good one. They and I both noticed that the
seal on that side looked like it had been recently replaced but was still
leaking. They suspected something wrong with the axleshaft. When they
pulled the shaft, they found that everything looked good. They think that
either the wrong seal was put on or it wasn't an OEM part. They are VERY
big into using OEM replacement parts. I'm really happy that this shop
isn't just replacing the seal but looking for a cause too.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?