Re: 14 inch air cleaner

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 09:43:03 EDT

At 12:59 AM 5/17/01 -0400, you wrote:
>OK I really need your help on this one. need all the parts
>companies and part numbers to get a 14 inch air cleaner
>under my stock hood. want a K&N air filter also. So how
>high does the filter need to be 2 or 3 inch somewhere in
>between? prefer to use a edelbrock parts but any will work
>long there is none to little modification. Josh

I think it's a '98 that you want this for.

K&N kit, model 1503, has all the parts, filter (2.25"), S-bolt
and includes the cleaning/oil bottles. The 2.25" filter is about
as high as you go with the K&N cleaner (front part will just rub
a hood with underpad).

You will need to use a drop base Eldelbrock and then
their 1/2" spacer. I don't know how high a filter can
be used and have no clearance problems.

HTH

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG