5.9 availabiliy

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 15:02:15 EDT

I'm confused. People are talking about 5.9's being available in Dakotas
other than R/T's and Quad cabs.

It is my understanding that the 5.9 is only available with the R/T group in
either RC or CC.

You can also get a 5.9 in a Quad Cab, and I believe you can get that
regardless of whether its an SLT, SLT+, Sport, or Sport+.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I went to the dodge site and it lets you
select a 5.9 in a CC but it automatically checks the R/T group for you as I
suspected. I'm not about to wait for that damn site to load for every
concievable combination.

It is also my understanding that under NO circumstance can you get a 5.9
with a manual in a Dakota of any stripe.