RE: RE: Neon SRT is a GO again...

From: tmfu (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 01:13:50 EDT

> Brian Stewart wrote:
> >
> > Excellent! Sure it won't be as fast as 4.7L Regular Cab 5-speed Dakota
> > equipped with 3.92 SG rear though. :D
> >
> > -Ryan
>
> Are you sure of that? Did you read the part about the the
> supercharged 2.4L going in instead of the supercharged 2.0L? I
> mean lets talk HP/WT ratio here ;-)

Actually it (the SRT) going to use a turbo, not the Eaton M-45 blower on the
2.4L. That setup will eat up any stock Dakota as well as run rings around it
in a turn. Out of the box a GenII Neon with a MTX pulls a decent mid 15sec
1/4mi. Not bad for a 4 banger. With a 50hp shot of NOS you're down in the
14's. Now what does a stock 4.7L or R/T do in a 1/4mi?? Don't get me wrong I
like both the Dak and Neon. But neither are the fastest around.. Case in
point I got my ass handed to me last night by a vintage Studebaker Avanti
last night (didn't realize he had the R4 setup underhood).

Greg
2K1 Neon ES
Rahway, NJ
http://24.6.89.18/Neon