Re: Code 27 WTF???????

From: Mr.Flipchip (kirk@flipchip.net)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 01:20:35 EDT

I know your pain!! This same thing happened to me about 2 years ago and it
turned out to be a bushing that the distributor rides on got worn out and
was causing the distributor to jump inside the cap a bit. This would in turn
set off the idiot light and make the truck run like crap. The only way to
change that one was to take it to the dealer and fork over $180. It did fix
the problem of running bad. I hope this is not your problem because it is
such a pain in the ass to go fork more money to the dealer. They have a
specialized tool to get that bushing out and then back in when it needs it.
If you run out of options go have it evaluated.

--

-- Kirk Johnson Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage!

92 4x4 5.2L Home-build K&N, 3" Flowmaster 40, Mopar PCM, Jacobs Pro/Street Ultra Team Ignition Autolite 3923's gaped @ .054, Transgo Shift kit,

"ABadDakota" <bad93dakota@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:20010518142646.18991.qmail@web5502.mail.yahoo.com... > > Alright my "wonderful" check engine light has > been coming on for the last year or so (I don't > drive it much) and I finally swapped the fuel > injectors out for some Ford Motorsports 19# > ones.(was getting the same code then) Truck ran > good for a few short trips, and now the engine > light is on AGAIN!!!! WTF????? The truck only has > about 50K miles on it, in my sig, you can see the > mods, what would be causing the code??? The truck > sounds like it is not running on all 8 cylinders > and it "misses". It will not stall, but just runs > like CRAP!!! I used to be able to turn it off and > turn it right back on, and it would be fine then. > > > What should I check??? It is really annoying as > it will not do it all the time. If you just drive > it, it will "work itself out" and eventually run > fine. > > HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > > Tom > > ===== > 93 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto, MP Camshaft, MP Computer, MP Valve Covers, Doug Thorley Headers W/ 3 " Exhaust, Jacobs Ultra Ignition, FMS Injectors, K & N Air Filter, and Boyds. Coming soon ...3.91 Gears and Trans Shift Kit. > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices > http://auctions.yahoo.com/