RE: RE: Saw something I can't figure out

From: tmfu (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 01:54:30 EDT

> Only blue and white strobes on it? In NJ, blue strobes are
> usually used by volunteer firemen and EMT's to allow them to go through
red
> lights. This is after they had come to a stop first for them. The
police, fire, and
> ambulance vehicles all have red strobes to travel through a red light
> without having to come to a complete stop for them. Shouldn't this Gran
> Prix have red strobes to be official? Do the emergency vehicles in your
> town have red strobes?

According to Title 39 of NJDMV volunteers can only display 1 revolving blue
lamb mounted mid-roof. No stobes, no lightbars,etc.. even though alot of
folks do have such items. Volley's cannot go through red traffic lights at
all. The blue light is considered only a courtesy light. ALL emergency
vehicles MUST COME TO A FULL STOP for a red traffic before proceeding
through the intersection. ALot of states use blue lights for police instead
of red. Pa and Va uses blue on their highway patrol units for example. In Va
if you have a blue light you cannot display it or if you have a lightbar it
has to be covered.

Greg
2K1 Neon ES
Rahway, NJ