NOS & Superchager's

From: Shawn Bowen (Shawn@bowen.com)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 04:16:47 EDT

Ok,
So I'm going to get this PowerDyne SC in and run it at 6PSI to get use to
it, then move on to 9PSI. What I'm wondering is if I could toss in a little
NOS to the mix? I don't have any internal engine work done, so yea I know
about blowing the thing up, BUT:-) What about using a small 25hp - 50hp
staged to phase out after 3000RPM's or so??? I would certainly get to good
boost levels by then.

So I guess my question is what would yall recommend as a good low dose shot
NOS setup that would work in this situation. How about running the low dose
all the way through the boost, right up to the top? I am assuming I can
retard the timing and get enough fuel to my baby, just wondering what I'll
end up doing to her stock internals.

Would new heads with all the trimmings help with this or do I basically
build a motor from scratch for this type of strain, pressure, and
performance? I'd build a 360 to replace my 318 if that's the case.

Just feels like I could get away with a little shot of NOS.

Thanks for any help!
Shawn
98 5.2L 4x4 CC Sport