Re: NOS & Superchager's

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 07:04:22 EDT

Shawn,
    NOS is kind of a no-no at low rpm. Nitrous Oxide Systems recommends not
using nos under 2500 rpm. It puts too much hard shock on rod bearings. I ran
NOS for 5 years and never got in it under 2500-3000 rpm and never had a
problem. I removed the system when I sold the truck at 127,000 miles.
    It should be used in the 2500-UP ranges because the timing is that by the
time combustion takes place the crank throw has rolled past top dead center.
This position takes the stress off the connecting rod bearing. Also you must
retard the spark by 2-4 degrees to stop this knock under NOS. Hope this
helped.. Bill

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM (Bill C.) 2001 QC, 4.7L, KENNE BELL SC'ed, 5spd.
3.55 LSD, Bored & polished TB, 10w-30 MOBIL 1, GIBSON 3" Single <A
HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01/">"THE DAK"</A>