RE: RE: Neon SRT is a GO again...

From: tmfu (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 18:04:41 EDT

> No doubt, that thing is going to eat the other Sport compacts up. hell, I
> drove a regular 01 neon R/T and was very impressed, not only with
> the power,
> but the overall car. Feels totally different from the run of the
> mill Neon.
> my only complaint? The steering needs to tilt higher, everytime I let off
> the clutch, my knee would scrape the steering wheel. Oh, I think the 4.7
> thing was a bit of sarcasm from he "other discussion :)
>

> Brian

Yuppers on the tilt steering.. I bash the wheel getting in and out... The
newer Neons suspension is a but more "civilized" than the earlier ones. Then
again if you get an Dodge ES or Plymouth LX you get both front and rear sway
bars (20mm/16mm). The ACR-R/T's get the 22/20mm setup with Koni adjustables
in all corners. Back in March I attended a local SCCA Intro to AutoX, and a
couple of the experienced Neon owners asked to take it for a ride(with me
riding shotgun). They liked the handling, very predictable in turns, holds
the road well, lots of umph off the line and powering through the turns. Now
mind you this car has a slushbox and at the time totally stock. Now the car
has an Iceman CAI, and a Pacesetter Monza cat-back. Just waiting to have the
time to put in the ACR springs, 22/20mm swaybar combo, and KYB adustables.

Greg
2K1 Neon ES
Rahway, NJ
http://24.6.89.18/Neon