R/T Camshaft installed centerline

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 13:27:57 EDT

Forgive me if this has been discussed earlier - does anyone have any
opinions on what the preferred installed centerline should be for the MP
Magnum R/T camshaft (360 Ram 46RE 5000lb 3.55 gears)? Mine is looking
like it wants to be at 106 degrees (I have no offset keys). Looks like
the cam spec card calls for 109 degrees.

Oh wait I guess I should tell. Yesterday (while medicated) my numbers
weren't matching up at all and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I
was frustrated because my gut was telling me it was right (TDC, rotor
position, "dots") but the numbers weren't even close. This morning I
got up and before getting "medicated" again - I realized that I had the
degree wheel on the camshaft....doh!

Latr,

Shane (let the medicating begin 8)

--
'96
IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs

'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck" '74 Triple-Black Dodge Challenger Rallye 360 home-brew EFI R&D vehicle '68 Black Corvette Convertible 427 (For Sale)