Re: Re: Driveshaft Question

From: Ray Sulich (ray.sulich@snet.net)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 19:52:18 EDT

At 08:04 AM 5/22/01 -0500, you wrote:
>You can visually look and make sure the balancing weights are tack welded on
>the the driveshafts, cause just like tires, if not properly balanced, they
>will give some nasty vibrations. Go and have your tires rotated and balanced
>first. Most shop in my area charge $15 to balance a driveshaft. The shops
>are alot more accurate also than the driveshaft balancing that comes from
>the factory. Hope this helps.

I rotated the tires (no change) and the drive shaft looks good (no dings,
dents or obvious missing parts). The mechanic says its either the U Joint
or the bearing in the back of the transfer case. I guess I'll replace the
U Joints first since they are something that I can do myself. I know
NOTHING about transfer cases.