Re: DML:NV231 Transfer case bolts

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 23:43:58 EDT

If I remember right, it's a size 30mm. just your basic 1/2" ratchet and a
socket will do. have a breaker bar ready if you don't have enough room to
squirm under the truck.

Remember to open the top one (fill) then open the bottom (drain) because if
you open the bottom and drain it all out then you can't open the top for
some reason, you'd be @#$#@#ed. just a reminder.

Check your manual for fluid usage. Some transfer cases take different
fluids, but I'm sure it takes the same 7176 fluid as does the tranny. Have
fun!
-Chuong

<<
Can anyone tell me the size of the drain and refill bolts for replacing the
fluids on this transfer case, and what tool to use? And am I correct in
assuming that the fluid to replace it with is ATF+3 type 7176, automatic
transmission fluid?

TIA
Jay