lookin for solution

From: \(MAGNUM S/T\) (hoegen@kersur.net)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 14:54:02 EDT

Hey all,
    I installed a lighted emblem on my tailgate recently and am having a
problem. The wires which lead from the lower-inside of the tailgate to the
body continually get pinched from opening and closing the tailgate.
Unfortunately, I have to have a certain amount of play in the wires so when
I open the tailgate they do not break. When I open the tailgate, it pulls a
certain amount of the wire out, when it closes again, that 'extra' wire ends
up being pinched between the tailgate and the truck. Any suggestions on some
type of wire cover or protector that will prevent this from happening?
    I realize that this may be difficult to picture by simply writing it
out, what I am looking for is some type of hard, plastic "loom", but it
would have to be smooth and almost the same diameter as the emblem wires
(something which can be partially fed into the holes in the body of the
truck, yet protect the wires themselves, or at least keep them from bunching
up).
I am hoping that someone out there may have run into this problem and found
a solution.

thanks all

As this could be a lengthy thread, if you have questions about my set-up
feel free to email me durect.

mailto:hoegen@kersur.net
Later

--