RE: Shopping for a new QC - long

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 18:40:00 EDT

You'll like the FT option. My wife's truck has it and we use it in the rain
here in San Diego (greasy roads once it finally rains here), and when we go
off roading we use it when we encounter mixed terrain (hard pack, soft stuff
mixed
and rocks). On our 99 we have the choice of 2-HI also, which we mainly use.
No
mileage difference 2-Hi vs. 4 FT.

The nice thing especially while 4x4ing on fireroads that turn ugly, you can
use FT
80-90% of the time... Once it gets serious, hit 4 HI. Otherwise, 4 HI
binds a bit on
some sections of trail where you don't need MAXIMUM traction.

Sam '99 4x4 & '00 RT