Just Had A.R.E LSII Tonneau Cover With Sport Wing Installed

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 19:57:16 EDT

SWEET!!!..great paint job by A.R.E. matching my Flame Red PR4 factory
color. Great fit.

Had a shop do the install job, less than 30 minutes, probablly could have
done it myself but they warranty their work life time to match A.R.E.'s
life time warranty on the cover...ok price at $880 for the cover/wing,
paint match of cover, wing, and install.

Now the fun part...truck just hit 666 miles when the install was done,
driving home, the wing attracted two speed racers, one 2001 Subaru WRX who
just tailed me admiring my rear (the wing...) and a 1986 or so Mustang 5.0
convertible who must have really admired the wing after we lined up at a
stop light in the rain, side by side, and just spun his tires while my AWD
launched and threw me back in the drivers seat (first time mash of go
pedal for me, the hell with the rain!)

The cover and wing just add such a new meaty, big, aggressive rear end
view to my new DAK QC...I feel the money taken away for the 'go faster
now' parts budget was well spent!

I'd like to hope the extra 100LBS over the rear axle helps a bit over
those rough spots in the road and improves traction slightly, while the
cover might improve MPG (slightly gullable here now)...

Now looking for a exhaust shop to do me a nice custom dual exhaust with a
Flowmaster SUV Performance 50 series muffler (single 2 1/2 inch inlet,
dual 2 1/4 inch outlets) to really make my rear end (the truck...) stick
out!