RE: Re: RE: weird power problems (accessory/ignition switch)

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 03:18:34 EDT

I don't know what year your Dak is but if it's Gen III, the hot radio lead
and hot cig. lighter lead are the same lead from the junction (fuse) box.
That lead is only hot when the ignition is in the ON or ACC position. The
lead for the radio goes to the CTM (central timer module) while the lead for
the lighter goes directly to the lighter. I know lighters have a habit of
shorting out thereby causing problems with other devices off the same lead.
On my Dak the accessory power outlet, which is hot all the time, is a whole
separate circuit connected directly to the PDU.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD