K&N FIPK 57-1509

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 20:20:20 EDT

I just picked this up today for my 97, 318, woohoo!!!
In the instructions it says to loosen and remove the nut that secures the
air box base. HOW? This thing just keeps turning and doesn't come off.
According to the instructions I have to use this air box mounting stud, when
installing the FIPK. It also says to pull firmly upward on the air box base
and remove. Will the bolt in the fender that held the stock air box in
place stay there if I just yank on the stock base?

Thanks for any advice on my dilemma.
Jay

I think the stock air hat looks better. And since this is all bolted down
from engine to body, won't engine torque or twist affect how this lasts,
i.e. cracking etc..