Re: changing thermostat, bolt snaps inside hole!!!

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 10:20:04 EDT

Just in case I didn't make it clear last night, an EZ-out looks like a very
coarse tapered left handed drill bit with a square shank on one end so you
can get a pair of vicegrips on it. All the suggestions are very good,
however, I would FIRST try the EZ-out, as you may not be able to use it once
you try the other methods. If that fails then try drilling out the bolt with
a reverse drill, then if that fails, drill it out completely and Heli-coil
it (if you want to keep the same size bolt). Let us know how it goes.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
~360ci, 5-spd, 4.11 LS (8 3/4 [3.90 SG] coming soon)
1994 Dakota 15.36 @ 91.56 mph
~318ci, 5-spd, 3.90 LS (bone stock, no mods)