sputtering and stalling when cold

From: Steve Owens (sowens01@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 10:53:25 EDT

Well, my '01 4.7 (4500 miles) developed it's first quirk a couple of weeks
ago. When I first start it up in the morning, it ran rough for a few seconds
before it finally smoothed out. It wasn't bad, so I didn't think anything of
it until it stalled last Saturday. It started right back up, and ran fine
for a while after that, so I simply thought I got some bad gas. However, a
couple of days ago it started running rough again first thing in the
morning, and it stalled again yesterday.

I thought I read here that getting rid of the POS Champion plus and
replacing them with the Bosch 4417's would fix the problem. Is this true?
Anything else I should look for/try?

Any ideas are appreciated.