Re: sputtering and stalling when cold

From: Paul Bullerman (hemikota@home.com)
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 20:21:32 EDT

You need to clean your Idle air control motor. Mine does the rough idle,
never had it stall though. I have an auto, that may be the difference.
They are prone to carbon buildup and dont seat properly when they are dirty.
Its always worked for me. On my 4.7 and my 5.2. Since I dont stall, I dont
worry about it too much, It actually sounds cool, like a high duration cam.
Hence I call it "The Cam Fairy".
Boog