Re: OT: Boycott Ford!

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 22:54:14 EDT

Too late! Got a `Stang a couple weeks ago (to
supplement the Dak,not replace it).You have to look
beyond the individual companies that promote this
stuff and trace it back to it`s source.It`s a
political and "spiritual" philosophy.To quote Don
Henley in a song,"You don`t really wanna know just how
far it`s gone".Most major companies (including
Chrysler) are pushing this stuff,and making their
employees attend seminars to recondition them,more or
less.Gonna get worse.You may as well buy whatever you
want.BTW,it has little to do with racism.Other
interests have their hands in it.
--- Marty Galyean <mgalyean@acm.org> wrote:
> Good article by Ed Cobb.
> I mostly like the part about the Charger ;-) Enjoy.
>
> <nomex>
> BTW, I am not racist. I support individual
> excellence in whatever skin
> color. I am not for quotas or for group
> entitlement, but I am for
> individuals seizing opportunities and earning what
> they get. I believe
> just as Rev. Dr Martin Luther King did, that "a
> person should be judged
> by the content of their character and not by the
> color of their skin".
> </nomex>
>

> Boycott Ford
>
> by Ed Cobb
>
> When CEOs talk, managers listen. When CEOs at
> Fortune 500
> companies say "Jump!" managers ask "How high?" When
> Jacques "Jack the
> Knife" Nasser, the CEO at Ford, says "Diversity!"
> managers say "Fire
> the old
> white guys!" And 33 old white guys who believe they
> were fired by Ford
> for the
> twin crimes of whiteness and manhood are mad as hell
> and they are not
> going
> to take it anymore. Free the FoMoCo 33!
>
> The old white guys in question range between 41 and
> 61 years
> old. Sounds like me and my golfing buddies. All
> worked for the Ford
> Motor
> Company for somewhere between 11 and 36 years. Their
> common story
> includes excellent performance ratings throughout
> their careers. Those
> ratings
> began to change when Jac Nasser took over in 1998
> and commenced his
> diversity jihad. Boycott Ford.
>
> While looking into this story I learned some things
> about
> Nasser. He tends to refer to the Ford Motor Company
> as FoMoCo. Really,
> no
> kidding. FoMoCo. It has a condescending, faux hiphop
> ring to it that
> probably
> appeals to people with no clue. He also appears to
> love his nickname,
> "The Knife." It
> is his street name for when he is gettin down in the
> MBA hood; proves
> how tough he
> is.
>
> Guys who want to be called by tough guy nicknames,
> especially guys in suits, tend to have other issues
> but thats not my
> main point here.
> Anyway, think of him as "The Knife," anti-whit lord
> of the FoMoCo Clan
> and
> all around bad person. And he is dissin me and my
> old white boys, big
> time.
>
> The 33 former Ford managers (Free the FoMoCo 33!)
> say they
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.