RE: RE:top of hood dirty on the inside

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 14:47:21 EDT

Hey all!

The cover is an idea, but it doesn't take long to clean if (and that's a big
IF) you keep up with it. Wipe the inside of the hood, door jams, seals, etc.
every time you wash the truck and it will not take much water to rinse. My
'92 has never had any electrical problems and I have a clean engine
compartment. In fact, the engine bay looks a heck of a lot better than the
outside with the paint issue.

Go ahead and use a dish soap once to clean the grime off the inside of the
hood. Just remember that when you do, the paint is exposed with no extra
protection. Luckily the sun doesn't get in there, but other elements do.
Clean it good, then protect it, then keep up with the wiping down and it
will stay clean. (I have a liner on my '01 to I don't have to worry about
it, just the sides)

HTH!
Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!