93 dak A/C Blower motor help needed

From: Jim Gifford (jim@giffords.net)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 19:03:16 EDT

I just got my 93 dakota on may 18th. Unfortunately, it was sold
as-is, no warranty. This saturday, while sitting in the truck
enjoying the awesome A/C, the blower motor started to hiccup (getting
faster and slower). It was set to HIGH speed at that point. A
few hours later, the blower started working again. However, it
stopped working again sunday, and hasn't worked since.

I read the limited wiring diagram in my haynes manual, and it said
that fuse #4, a green 30 amp fuse, controls the blower. However,
my #4 fuse location doesn't have a fuse, nor does it have any wires.
Since the wiring diagram doesn't even come close to matching my
truck, I need help tracking this down. I'd love to hear "oh yeah,
that's a common problem, do this to fix it" before I have to get
out there in the hot sun with the voltmeter tracing wiring.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Jim Gifford
jim@giffords.net

PS, On a somewhat related note... where's the best place to find
a factory service manual for this beast? The FSM I have for my
probe has been invaluable and paid for itself many times over.