Re: 3.9 1988 Hall Effect Switch

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 01:41:24 EDT

On second thought, now you have me curious. If the tach signal is gen'd by
the computer or the hall effect then I don't see a way. If its gen'd by
another sensor, and you can get the right impedance/reactance/waveform to
match the tach engine speed signal enough for the computer to swallow it as a
hall signal then it might work. I think the hall effect is the first step in
the tach signal though. Not sure.

I still have to conclude that new sensor is by far the way to go. If you
suspect that something else, like misconnected wiring or something, led to the
hall sensor failure be sure to get that cleared up before you put in a new
one.

Marty