Re: overheating problems

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 23:20:13 EDT

did you bleed the air out of your system after you filled your radiator?
Don't remember the exact procedures for the dakota, but i think it's run
with your cap off or something.
-Chuong

<
For a few months now the needle on my temp gauge has been rising to 260 for
just a few seconds and then it falls back to just under the 210 mark. This
only occurs at idle or speeds below 30. Today I installed a Robert Shaw 180
t-stat and now my needle goes to red and stays there. The heater hose is
extremely hot and every hose thereafter is still cold. So could my
thermostat be no good or does it sound like water isnt getting past the
water pump?
TIA guys.

Ryan Goodyear
99 3.9 metallic red CC SLT