Re: Steadfast Pop & Lock power tailgate not working (suggestions)

From: Chris Reck (roadkill@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 12:03:01 EDT

I have the same problem with mine. The part you need to bend is the piece
that holds the sliding bracket. If anyone wants a project, how about
modifying two of these things, one to fit on each side of the lock?

I bent and assembled the lock and locking mechanism outside the tailgate to
get the angle right. Too much and it will rub against the lift bars and
cause wear, too little and it causes the handle to come up farther.

Question to anyone... Can a piece of metal be welded on the end of the bar
so it covers both levers of the handle? or can the bar be replaced with a
longer one?

Chris
'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 Amethyst