Steadfast Pop & Lock power tailgate not working

From: Tod Oace (tod@quay.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 23:17:25 EDT

I'm having a love + hate relationship with the Steadfast power tailgate lock
I bought and installed today.

I finally got the lock mechanism installed and was playing around with it to
make sure it's working. I locked it, then I unlocked it, then I locked it,
then I unlocked it again, and then after that I locked it, and then you know
what I did after that? That's right, I started playing with the tailgate
release handle to really make sure it was locking and unlocking. Pull, no
open. Unlock, pull, open. Lock, pull, no open. And so forth. Very cool!

Then I started pulling harder on the release handle, cause hey, that's what
a thief might do, right? Lock, pull on the left side, no open. Pull on the
right side, open. What? Open?!? Close tailgate, pull on the right side,
open. Oh no!!!! Close tailgate, pull on the right side, open. This can't
be...other DMLers are using this lock! Close tailgate, pull on the right
side, open. (sigh)

I searched through the archives and came across something about bending
something 10 degrees. But I still don't know if this is what I need to do,
or what it is I need to bend.

Has anyone run into this?

--
Tod Oace, tod@quay.com