Re: Disapointment at the track last night, need advice

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 12:25:50 EDT

I think it was just a bad night. Wind and humidity really slow you down.

Yes taller tires give you a bigger gear ratio which slows you down also.

How was you traction this time compared to last?, check your 60ft times.
The R/T wheel and tire combo gives less sidewall flex, which can lead to
less traction off the line. The I don't know what your old combo was, but
the new wheel/tire set up is probably heavier, and therefore harder to get
rolling.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at