Re: Cooling Overkill

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 09:33:00 EDT

Week before last I installed a digital tranny temp gauge ant the rep. Range
is around 155 to 190 degs. keeping in mind that's mostly local driving on the
hi-way its about 160 degs. This is with the heavy duty cooling package
(includes tranny cooler) and daytime it 80-90 degs. here in TX. I'm one how
believes you can't over cool an engine and if you do the t-stat will close to
composite. I really don't think I need to worry about that here.

Run the 4.7L with the air and feel how much air is pulled into the front side
of the radiotor (safer then the feeling by the back side) I would like to
replace the stock clutch and electric fan 14' with one larger 18inch fan.

Just my few pennies worth.

Don M

Geocities.com/maldbnsf

'00 QC Bronze, 4.7L, Rest listed at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm

P.S. Did I mention I love my DAK!!!!!!!!!