Re: I want to order a new Dakota SLT Club Cab (small Truck) (comments?)

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 18:40:24 EDT

If I remember right, every club cab comes with the v6 motor. I guess the
extra weight isn't too accomodating with the i4. 22-23 miles a gallon on
the highway seems a little "exaggeratted" I have a 97 v6 auto with a
tonneau cover and lotsa little mods that should help out gas mileage and
today with around town driving and some highway, I got 17.81 mpg. some
racing full throttle action inbetween here and there so I'm not a non lead
footed driver.

If you're looking for better gas mileage, the dakota might not be a great
choice for you. (Hell, any truck doesn't get good mileage due to it's brick
shape attempting to cut through air.) I'd really ask the dealer for an
extended test drive since "a 16-20k dollar decision can't be baised on a 10
minute test drive" ask him to take it out for the day to see how you like
it.

As far as equipment that might not be on the slt+. Try to find a limited
slip differential. instead of spinning one wheel when traction is low,
it'll get both back wheels moving and will be better than the average open
differential which would usually only spin the right wheel. It's worth the
extra 285 bucks...

that's about it. I hope you make the right decision and are happy with it.
Welcome to the list also.
-Chuong