Hello and Wheel Help.... Please!

From: bob (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 16:52:39 EDT

Hi Guys / Girls,
I've been unsubscribed for a while....any body miss me? Chuck? Greg?
Tom? Walt? Rich? Ok thats enough.....I know no one missed me.
I need some help on Wheels / tires ect. As you may know my truck is
lowered 2/4. I went to pick out some wheels on Saturday.....Axis Lenso's
in 18"....nice wheels and they looked great on my truck........the
problem is the tires the recomended / mounted 245 45 front / 275 40 rear
are much smaller than my present diameter which is 28" rear and 29"
front (Dunlop Sport Rover GTX's in 15" ....235 front 275 rear) WAY TOO
MUCH WHEEL SHOWING.
The other problem was the backspacing they looked like they stuck out
about 1 to 11/2" more and looked too ricey!
I don't want to go with the same size tire front and rear.... I like the
wider rear race truck look.
You guys have any wheel tire combos you can recomend?
Do I have to go with 17's to keep this look vs 18's?.
What back spacing do I need?
Pictures if you have em would be appreciated!

HELP, i have to get wheels ASAP before my wife finds another house
project!

Regards,
Bob

--
Lowered 1998 Metallic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Lund Wiper