RE: RE: New instrument panel wanted

From: Alek Benedict (alek@earthling.net)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 21:12:19 EDT

It was free. :)

A friend of mine had it sitting around, and gave it to me. Honestly,
I would've bought a better one if I had to pay for it, but this one
works okay for free.

I also wanted to get an instrument panel to replace the one in my
truck, but a scour of a local junkyard turned up one [1] Dakota
and it was sans instrument panel.

It should conceivably be possible to get a new instrument panel and
swap it in but the problem lies in actually finding one. And you'll
have to swap your speedometer in or your mileage reading will be off.

And actually, now that I've written all this I realize - you have
a Gen III right? All that mileage stuff is computer controlled, so
a new instrument panel might not work. With my Gen II, it's all
mechanical AFAIK so swapping shouldn't set off any alarms. Who knows.

HTH

--
Alek Benedict with a techno beat.
[email] alek@earthling.net [web] http://members.sigecom.net/alek

: -----Original Message----- : From: owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET : [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET]On Behalf Of Puddlestompa@aol.com : Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 6:46 PM : To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net : Subject: Re: DML: RE: New instrument panel wanted : : : In a message dated 6/4/2001 4:38:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time, : alek@earthling.net writes: : : << I know you said you didn't want one that sticks out, but maybe : this can give you some ideas anyway.>> : : I think i will have to go with one that sticks out, there nice, : just not my : look, how much did yours cost? : : Aaron : Vancouver, Wa : 98 2WD 2.5L 4cyl RC : http://www.hometown.aol.com/puddlestompa/mydak.html