Re: R/T heads

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 14:28:13 EDT

Let me follow up on Rich's question with another. A DML'er I
know installed the cast iron R/T heads on his 318 and said he
thought they lowered his compression. Is that possible? I've
read that the aluminum R/T heads increase compression so
it appears that there could be a difference between cast iron
and aluminum combustion chambers.

GS -

'98 5.2L 5spd

From: Richard A Pyburn <rap777@juno.com>
Subject: DML: R/T heads

Okay, help me out here, Ron. At one point on the list someone said the
new R/T Magnum heads were the R/T heads, i.e., the heads that come from
the factory on the Dakota R/T's. I had thought they were Magnum
Performance parts and, therefore, different form the Dakota R/T heads. I
know there's always been a difference between MP R/T and the Dodge R/T
so, do you know if this new Magnum head for the 318 and 360 is merely the
Dakota R/T head or is it different (Better?)?

Thanks,
<<<<<<<<<