Re: New Track Times For V6

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@kcnet.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 21:02:20 EDT

It... raises the rev limiter, eliminates the speed limiter, makes shifting
more aggressive, and advances the timing 4degs. I guess it also contains
somewhat more performance orientated programming for fuel curves and
such. On a V6 it is probably about 12horse depending on your setup.

I paid $200 for a new one for my 92 about 2 months ago. Used ones would
be less if you can find one.

The downside is that it requires premium gas to combat the pinging due to
the timing advance and is also not recommended for towing also due to the
pinging.

mm