Re: DML BBQ One month away!!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 23:48:32 EDT

Andy Levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:
: jon@dakota-truck.net wrote on Tuesday 05 June 2001 11:00 am:
:> We're definitely planning on a cruise or something
:> to a local ice cream shop which is something all the trucks can
:> participate
:> in.

: Just like we did last year, right Jon? :)

  Yeah, yeah, I know. :-)

  I've said that the past two years, but *this* year, I mean it,
darnit! :-) We won't be stocking up on cake and ice cream this
year, to give us more of an excuse to do the trip. :-) The past
two years, we all had cake and ice cream, and there wasn't a whole
lot of sense going out to the ice cream place after that... Live
and learn. :-)

: Seriously folks, if you live within striking distance of Buffalo, NY, try
: to make the trip. Last year's BBQ was the second most fun weekend of last
: summer for me (the #1 weekend was a big wedding where the wedding party,
: myself included, got completely wrecked after the reception). Good times,
: good people, goot eats.

: For those attending who have not yet had the pleasure of exploring Jon's
: trails, make sure you've got old boots you don't care about that that will
: stay attached to your feet and rubber winter-style floormats. Old jeans
: are a good idea too, or just shorts. I think Jon puts something in the
: dirt to make the mud as nasty as it is.

  Well, I hot rod everything else, why not the mud? ;-)

  Good advice; just a qualification on the shorts; you might want to
re-think that one as there definitely is poison ivy in them there hills.
(Not everywhere of course, but you only need to step into one patch.) :-)
Speaking of the mud, there is a shower available (and its even hot when I
remember to buy propane) ;-) (Which I did.) :-)

  Right now, its a race against time for me to build a winch mount
bumper for the Ram, design and mount the triple battery system, and
a million other things like clearing trails, prepping the mud pit,
rebuilding my hi-lift jack, etc. (The shear pins took offence when I
tried to winch a tractor out of a ditch with it; didn't actually break
them, just bent them enough to make things difficult.)

  Come one, come all! :-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'