Re:Re:Re: R/T heads

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 14:11:16 EDT

The heat dissipation factor is something I did not
consider, but I sure would like to have a set.

Good info Mark!

GS -

That's O.K. because aluminum heads dissipate heat much quicker that iron, so
the general rule of thumb is that you can run one point higher in
compression and still not get detonation. This extra 1.0 will give you about
another 20 hp and 20 ftlb torque, no to mention their better flow good for
another 30-40 hp.. I would love to get the aluminum heads, but they cost
about $1900 assembled & ready to go.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
~360ci, 5-spd, 4.11 LS (8 3/4 [3.90 SG] coming soon)
1994 Dakota 15.36 @ 91.56 mph
~318ci, 5-spd, 3.90 LS (bone stock, no mods)