Re: Rear Main Seal

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 13:50:51 EDT

Before you do that, check to make sure your valve covers aren't leaking. I had the same problem and came to the same conclusion as you until I checked it more carefully. The oil was leaking from the valve covers, leaking down the side of the block and dripping off the lowest point of the drivetrain, which is the bottom of the tranny bellhousing. From a quick glance, it can be misdiagnosed for a real main seal. Check it out before you pull the motor to do that kind of serious work.

-austin
Vipertruck