Re: Header install on 3.9?

From: Geoff (geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 23:04:17 EDT

Josh, I just put some headers (JBA) on my '95 V6. The installation was
pretty straight forward. Just disconnect the y pipe (2 bolts a side)
remove 8 mounting nuts/studs and the EGR tube (2 bolts) Pull off the
exhaust manifolds and scrape the carbon off of your heads. It takes a while
to get the new headers lined up right on the passenger side, but the bolts
go almost straight in the first time. The only problem I had was removing
one of the factory studs because it was frozen in. A few minutes with the
MAPP torch and it pulled right out. All in all i got it done in about 2
hours with a friends help. I'm just a 1st year auto student in highschool
so I don't have alot of experience either.

The headers didn't make my truck much louder because I already have a
CatBack exhaust system but it's deeper and rumbles a bit more.

Geoff