Re: Header install on 3.9?

From: mark janke (markcjanke@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 01:05:27 EDT

The manifolds come out the top. It's about a 2 hour
job on the 99. There is nothing to disconnect as we
don't have egr on our exhaust manifolds. You may or
may not find it easier to jack up your front end
though and possibly remove the front tires to crack
the header bolts at the Y pipe. (I did not) but that
was the toughest part getting a wrench on one end and
a wrench on the other. Use a little wd-40 on the
bolts. Take your time threading in the new bolts on
the heads. Make sure to use the gaskets. You'll
notice the stock manifolds don't have gaskets.

I got my jbas by the way for $350 I think at a speed
shop.

Mark