Re: Oil Guage drops to 0 for a sec..

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 00:35:28 EDT

> Sounds familiar. Do you find it's related to the engine temperature? Mine
> will run ok until it gets warm, then it'll drop to 1/3 of the scale when
I'm
> stopped in gear. It drops to 1/2 when it's warm and in park.
>
> The service guy at the dealer said he can't find anything wrong, so I
think
> there was a run of sensors that are more sensitive than normal.

No, there isnt any particular time when it does it, only when coming to a
stop (on the brakes) and like I said.. its only done it like a total of 4
times since Ive had the truck... Right after AAMCO did tranny work (pulled
it out again) and fluid was in the top of the Safe zone... and again, when I
pulled the valve body out, and I just changed the oil bout 3 weeks earlier,
(oil was full)

Kind weird... :-/

Tim Berry