Gen-II Poly Steering Rack bushings

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 12:37:28 EDT

Hey guys,
    I started noticing that my steering on the Dakado is getting kinda weird.
 I am starting to get bump steer and the front end alignment seems to change
while goi down the road. I jacked up the front of the Dakado and started
wiggling everything I could get my hands on. The only thing that seems to
move was the rack and pinion unit itself. So I broke out some tools,
loosened the bolts and used my torque wrench to set them back down to factory
specs. Still wiggled. So I looked closer at the rack itself, the bushings
are worn out. Could this be causing my weird front end drift? Also, Energy
Suspensions lists some poly bushings for the rack unit, but I can't find
anyone that carries the bushings (Summit, Jegs, etc...). Any ideas on where
I can find these poly bushings? Thanks

The other Will