Re: Checking on you

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 21:15:45 EDT

> Hey Mike, just caught some live t.v. showing you guys are flooded BAD. Hope
> you're ok! Please let us know how you're doing!

> Later,
> Brett

I'm high and dry Brett. I'm about 40 min north of Houston... just out
of the bad area. Man one local tv station has been live for over 24
hours now!! Coast Guard is pulling people off roofs, National Guard
is rescuing people, the hospitals downtown are blacked out running on
generators. One hospital had 15 to 20 feet of water on the first
floor! Last night in the early morning hours two of the news stations
had flooding in their studios where they were broadcasting from. One
of the news helicopters stopped taking pictures for a while and
transfered some bone marrow transplant from the airport to one of the
hospitals since there was no way to get it there by car. Metro buses
have been shut down all day, Continental has been shut down all day and
one other airline I believe. I-10 has been a river all day, with 20
to 30 18-wheelers totally submerged along with who knows how many
cars. You probably saw -or will see- pictures of that. Many areas of
Houston have had 20 something inches of rain in the last few days and
some places have had as much as 35 inches! Here at the house we've
only had about 6 to 8 I belive.

Thanks for checking on me. The Daks all dry and tucked away in the garage and will
be until monday probably!!

I know there are some other DML members who live closer to "ground
zero" than I do. I do hope they make it out of this safely.
--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com