Re: RE: Re: Test

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 00:22:31 EDT

Hey,Ron/all the rest of the DML! Coming to you live from Kingwood, TX
tonight(26 miles north of dwontown Houston)-I can tell that it's pretty
rough! In Kingwood, we've been pretty lucky, but elsewhere has not been as
lucky. I'm not able to make long distance phone calls(or local calls
sometimes for that matter-I'm lucky to be on!) becuase of the phone system.
I am working at O'Reilly auto parts full time this summer and our trucks
that come from the warehouse downtown were not able to get loaded and make
the runs this morning. I was making some deliveries this afternoon(in a
little Toyota truck that belongs to the store), and had to go farther north
of town to pick up some parts. I saw several horrible vehicle flooding
cases, as well as some bad property damage. Since most of the freeways were
in bad conditions/underwater, the toll roads&bridges are free until further
notice. The metro bus service is running tomorrow, and will also be free.
I-10 east and west bound has been closed for sometime on the east side of
town, I-45 is shutdown in several areas, North of town, almost out to where
I'm at, Beltway 8 is underwater, due to 26.4" of rain in the past 24 hrs. I
think just east of town centered over I-10 was the hardest hit last night,
recieveing just over 30" in the past 24 hrs.I'm high and dry, as is my
Dakota. Been at work all day over at the store and have been selling LARGE
quantities of wiper blades, and lots of oil/ATF/gear lube to flush flooded
vehicles. While on delivery this afternoon, I witnessed an expedition that
had slidden off a land bridge. Driver had turned off the road(which was not
flooded) onto a land bridge that goes through a drainage ditch on the side
of the road. He had parked there to go inside for something(it was some type
of warehouse) and his expedition was apparently too much for the soft
ground-it broke the ground loose under it and slid into the drainage ditch
submersing about a foot under! When I came back through, there were 6
wreckers hooked to it, trying to winch it out without sliding in. I am
probably going to get my waverunner out tomorrow and go ride some of the
overflowing rivers/ditches. Heck, I could probably ride down the freeway! On
the plus side, Haven't seen one Dakota/Durango/Ram stuck or flooded yet!
Sorry for the 1/2 hr newscast I just typed, but I wanted to let ya'll know
we were still here! If you have any family in the metro Houston area that
you would like me to try and get in touch with, please let me know, I'd be
more than happy to, as I don't thinik that incoming long-distance calls can
be recieved much if at all. I'll be on tonight for while, so let me know!
TTYL,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Ronald Wong" <ron-wong@home.com>

I hope they're doing okay too. I heard numbers like 20" in 24 hours. Man,
that's a lot of water!

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD